Disney Food Preview: 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
This afternoon Tables in Wonderland invited members to a sneak preview of the International Food and Wine Festival that returns this fall to Epcot for its 19th season!
While I won't be attending, I'm happy to share the menu. It looks like there are some interesting additions to this year's lineup.
To welcome attendees, there will be a Buffet Reception featuring:
- Africa: South African Bobotie with Turkey and Mushrooms
- Scotland: Sea Scallop with Spinach Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon
- Puerto Rico: “Papa Rellena” Crispy Fried Potato Balls stuffed with Pork and Beef
- Terra: Blackened Chick’n Breast, Farr, Spicy Gumbo Sauce featuring Gardein Chick’n Breast
Part of this event also includes a Plated Dinner with several new selections:
- Patagonia Course: Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimi Churr paired with Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier.
- Farm Fresh Course: Griddled “Yard Bird” with Braised Greens and House Made Habanero Sauce paired with the Chateau St. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica® Riesling.
- Puerto Rico Course: “Carne Guisada con Arroz Blanco” Slow Braised Beef with Puerto Rican Grown Rice, Paired with Medalla Light
As far as drinks go, the Aulani Sunset will be making a return this year, featuring Sammy's Beach Bar Rum. It was one of my favorite drinks last year.
For dessert there's a special trio that's being offered to Tables in Wonderland guests:
- Hops and Barley: Fresh Baked Carrot Cake with Craisins® and Cream Cheese Icing
- Refreshment Port: Croissant Doughnut
- Bean to the Bar: Warm Drinking Chocolate
I'm excited to try the offerings from Puerto Rice and Patagonia, and the Hops and Barley carrot cake and Refreshment Port croissant doughnut sound very tempting!